- 'Brain cap' technology turns thought into motion; Mind-machine interface could lead to new life-changing technologies for milli
- 'Dark matter' of the genome revealed through analysis of 29 mammals
- « Nous n’avons pas mis fin à la croissance, la nature va s’en charger », par Dennis Meadows
- [howto] Grub azerty
- A cheap and fully optical solution for ultra-fast internet
by 2 users
- Alzheimer's might be transmissible in similar way as infectious prion diseases, research suggests
Researchers injected the brain tissue of a confirmed Alzheimer's patient into mice and compared the results...: None of the mice injected with the control showed signs of Alzheimer's, whereas all of those injected with Alzheimer's brain extracts developed plaques and other brain alterations typical of the disease.
- asus EEE PC 901 SD / MMC card reader (Page 1)
SD/MMC card reader in eeepc 901: tricks to use when it fails to work, depending on your Bios version
- Beaufs ou Bidochons: explanations for English speakers
- Big Tobacco knew radioactive particles in cigarettes posed cancer risk but kept quiet, study suggests
Polonium210, that could have been eliminated by a technique called acid-wash; but as it would ionize nicotine, thus rendering it more difficult for the smoker's brain to absorb, acid-wash has not been used.
- Bretagne Panoramique
- Browse a faster, lighter Youtube
Small labs Inc. : Youtubian
- Can't Sleep? You Need our Snoring Earplugs!
ZenPlugs Molded Ear Plugs UK, Moulded Earphones and Stethoscope Earpieces
- Chemical that makes naked mole rats cancer-proof discovered
hyaluronan (HMW-HA); HAS2 gene
- Chimères, la recherche à l'anglaise | Slate
Plus de 150 chimères «homme-animal» ont vu le jour en Angleterre. Depuis trois ans, la création d’embryons hybrides se développe dans le secret de trois laboratoires.
- Codename Nemo
New way of managing files
- Commotion, le projet d'un Internet hors de tout contrôle
Holophony is Holography but for sound! Amazing.
A few binaural examples to listen to.
- Cotton Candy (prototype) « FXITech
The Cotton Candy is a USB stick sized compute device allows users a single, secure point of access to all personal cloud services and apps through their favorite operating system, while delivering a consistent experience on any screen. The device will serve as a companion to smartphones, tablets, and notebook PC and Macs, as well add smart capabilities to existing displays, TVs, set top boxes and other media that supports USB mass storage.
- CrunchBang ~ Code, Design & GNU/Linux
by 2 users
- Debian GNU/Linux Desktop Survival Guide
- DEUS consortium – Dark Energy Universe Simulations
Dark matter & dark energy simulations First universe simulation
- Dual booting with freeBSD (Debian User Forums • View topic)
- ECB: €conomia game
Play the game Economia, on the ECB site. Many languages available.
- Fawlty Towers Videos
Watch Fawlty Towers Video Clips on Fanpop
New concept for reading and e-books: 2 screens and e-Ink
- French qwerty keyboard
accents français avec clavier qwerty
- Grammalecte 0.2 • Dicollecte • Dictionnaire français • OpenOffice.org, Firefox…
- How the brain makes memories
when it comes to learning, the neuron behaves like a giant antenna, with different branches of dendrites tuned to different frequencies for maximal learning; for the best effect, the frequency needs to be perfectly rhythmic -- timed at exact intervals.
- How to install and boot 145 operating systems in a PC
JustLinux Forums - Flock
by 5 users
- How To Mobile Broadband Connections (ubuntu, Linux)
Extremely exhaustive tutorials about having your 3G USB modem working under Linux; a must!
- icy/pacapt · GitHub
An Arch's pacman-like package manager for some Unices. Actually this Bash script provides a wrapper for system's package manager.
- Imprint Energy
breakthrough zinc-based rechargeable battery technology: ultrathin, flexible, high energy density rechargeable batteries for significantly lower cost and without the design limitations or safety concerns of other battery technologies.
- Index of /Linux/simosnet-livecd/EeePC
Extensive gathering of tweaked for eeeepcs isos, some historical ones.
- La liste des « gens honnêtes » qui voulaient ficher tous les Français
- Lafayette Keyboard Layout
Clavier Qwerty-Fr avec accès facile aux chiffres
- Les ampoules à économie d'énergie, danger!
- Linux Packages Search - pkgs.org
by 3 users
- Making memories last
Prion-like protein plays key role in storing long-term memories
- Manicore: Qu'y avait-t-il donc dans le fameux "Rapport du Club de Rome" ?
- Mini Cooper Clubman; the almost perfect triathlon vehicle
Bicycle rack at the back
- New 'genome mining' technique streamlines discovery from nature
- New evidence of age-related decline in the brain's master circadian clock
The SCN keeps the system of multiple distributed circadian oscillators in synchrony, but disruptions in the SCN lead to disrupted sleep, as well as dysfunction in memory, the cardiovascular system, and the body's immune response and metabolism. ... the difference between the highest levels of activity during the daytime and the lowest levels of activity during the nighttime is much smaller in the middle-aged mice."
- New Generation of Virtual Humans Helping to Train Psychologists
- PacApt Brings Arch Linux's Amazing Pacman Package Manager to Other Linux Distributions (Well, Sort Of)
- Plants feel the force
How plants sense touch, gravity and other physical forces
- Pre to postmortem: the inside story of the death of Palm and webOS
by 2 users
- Psychologists discover oxytocin receptor gene's link to optimism, self-esteem
1 - 50