- "Bookalikes": six degrees of Shanghai Girls
*SCREECH* *HISS* Things are getting catty again in the Shanghai literary scene: Lisa See, Vivian Yang and Lan Lan claw it out for the title of original "Shanghai Girl"!
- (cool photo) Lil Ol Lady Lost in Mustard (not photoshopped!)
Elderly Chinese woman taking a spring stroll through a field of rapeseed (youcaihua) in Jiangsu, China. Photo by Tom Carter (CHINA: Portrait of a People).
- (cool video) Incredible INDIA Travel Photography
Travel photographer Tom Carter is backpacking across all of India to photograph his next book. Here is a preview of some of his incredible imagery from the 35 states of India.
- (funny photo) Chinese Window Washers on a Smoking Break
Shanghai window washers sharing a cigarette from a 33-storey building.
- (funny photo) Shanghai Upskirt!
Frisky Shanghai girl taunting her male compatriot during a stroll in People’s Square (hence the ancient Chinese adage: “Blossom petals falling like the skirts of a Shanghai girl.”) Shanghai is acknowledged as the cradle of modern China, with Shanghai women popularly conceptualized as more independent and glamorous than their more-reserved provincial sisters. From photographer Tom Carter
- (incredible photo) Beautiful Bonda of Orissa India
Orissa is also one of India's most poor regions and in a constant state of political turmoil between local indigenous tribes, represented by the far-left Naxalites, or Maoists, and government and corporate interests out to exploit the resource-rich region.
- (Photo #1) The Most Handsome Man in China?
More pictures of the handsomest man in China, on MODELS.com
- (photo) A Glimpse Inside Xinjiang China Uyghur Muslim Mosques
Inside the 15th century Id Kah Mosque (Kashgar, Xinjiang, China) during salah, one of five compulsory daily prayers recited by Muslims to entreat Allah. As seen in Tom Carter's CHINA: Portrait of a People, the most comprehensive book of photography on modern China ever published by a single author. Available now from Blacksmith Books.
- (photo) Model Actor Thomas Carter on ExploreTalent.Com
(photo) Model Actor Thomas Carter on ExploreTalent.Com
- (photo) The Most Handsome Westerner in China
(photo) The Most Handsome Westerner in China
- (photographs) China Photo Gallery on DeviantART.Com
Chinese portraits on deviantART photo gallery.
- (Picture) Beautiful Mongolian Princess
photo of a mongolian chinese lady dressed in traditional regalia for the nadam festival in inner mongolia, china.
- (picture) Mao Memorabilia
An antiques dealer in Yichang, Hubei, China. Cultural Revolution propaganda has become a hot commodity in the People's Republic, with Chairman Mao Zedong as the country's revolutionary icon.
- (Picture) Tibetan Sky Burial
Tibetans don't bury their dead, they leave them for vultures. Take a look >
Please read: Portrait of a Sichuanese-Tibetan Family China Photojournalist Tom Carter follows Buddhist pilgrims on their spiritual quest to the holy monasteries of Southern Gansu's Langmusi.
bodycorpsedeathdiedead carterchina carterthomas personrebirthjhatordurtrorogyapastom skeletonskulldead skyburial
- (Picture) Young Chinese Acrobat *OUCH*
An eight year old student of body contortion in Wuqiao, Hebei Province, China, recognized as the birthplace of Chinese acrobatics. The Chinese students begin training as young as five with the hopes of eventually joining a professional troupe.
- (Pictures) 33 portraits of Chinese people, on Facebook
Portraits of Chinese people from the 33 provinces of China, by Tom Carter (Facebook)
- (podcast) Tom Carter on National Geographic Weekend Radio
(scroll to the bottom) Recently, Tom Carter picked up a small camera and started wandering around China. Carter joins NG to talk about his new book China: Portrait of a People.
- (shocking photo) Chinese Melted Man
For protection, they band together with other industrial accident victims which has evolved into this inimitable Beijing subculture of melted people.
- (video) 1 Photographer 56,000km 2 Years CHINA!
Cool video of the 33 provinces of China from photographer Tom Carter.
- (Video) Spectacular Chinese Architecture
Video of China's ancient villages and modern cities, as seen in the new 640-page photo book CHINA: Portrait of a People.
1 - 20