- A Bible For Wales
The story of the first Bible in Welsh.
- Darlow, T.H. and H.F. Moule; HISTORICAL CATALOGUE OF THE PRINTED EDITIONS OF HOLY SCRIPTURE IN THE LIBRARY OF THE BRITISH AND F
Reprint of the 1903-11 first edition, four volumes bound in two. (Besterman 759, Breslauer & Folter 23). An irreplaceable catalogue of the editions of the Bible arranged chronologically under each language. Over 9,848 annotated entries with over 600 languages included.
by 2 users
- Internet Bible Catalog
The Internet Bible Catalog is a promising new wiki for people interested in Bible collecting where everyone may contribute.
- O'Callaghan, E.B.; LIST OF EDITIONS OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES.
Reprint of the very scarce first edition which was limited to 250 copies and printed by Munsell & Rowland in 1861. (Munselliana p.113; Besterman I, 764). Describes approximately 1500 items printed between 1661-1860. Entries include extensive annotations and collations. Describes many items not located or described by Hills, including 39 items before 1777. Illustrated and indexed.
- Rumball-Petre, Edwin A.R.; AMERICA'S FIRST BIBLES WITH A CENSUS OF 555 EXTANT BIBLES
Reprint of the 1940 first edition, which was limited to 500 copies and published in Portland by the Southworth - Anthoensen Press. With articles on America's first Bible, first Bible in a European language, first Bible on American paper and many other "firsts."
- Tyndale House: English Bible Versions
Index of 100+ Versions of the Scriptures with description and text samples.
- Wright, John; EARLY BIBLES OF AMERICA BEING A DESCRIPTIVE ACCOUNT OF BIBLES PUBLISHED IN THE UNITED STATES, MEXICO AND CANADA.
Reprint of the third, revised edition (Besterman 764). This third edition is not to be confused with earlier editions that give a more summary treatment of the Bibles. Preivous editions cite only 50 Bibles whereas this edition cites 2000. This is a useful, annotated bibliography covering most of the important early Bibles in American, and to a lesser extent, Bibles in Mexico and Canada. The book is divided into chapters: The Eliot Bible, Saur Bible, Aitken Bible, First Douay Version, Thomas Bible, Collins Bible, First Bible in New York, First Translated Septuagint, First Hebrew Bible, First Translated Peshito Syriac Version, Early Greek Bibles, Webster Amended Bible, Early German Bibles, Early Paragraph Bibles, First Stereotyped Editions, Special Editions,
- Chronological history of the Bilbe
A non-denominational, nonsectarian work-in-progress; a chronological history of the book that has become the world’s foremost printed and published work; the focus is historical, with no attempt to judge theological superiority of one version over another;
by 5 users
- Rumball-Petre, Edwin A.R.; RARE BIBLES AN INTRODUCTION FOR COLLECTORS AND A DESCRIPTIVE CHECKLIST.
Reprint of the 1954 second edition, revised, which was limited to 600 copies that were published by Philip C. Duschnes of New York.
- the Divine Name
Bibles using God's Name.
- The Holy Bible A chronological history - unique & significant editions & bibliography
A chronological history of unique & significant editions.
by 5 users
- The Reina-Valera Bible: From Dream to Reality
The Reina-Valera Bible: From Dream to Reality
- §14. The Great Bible. II. Reformation Literature in England. Vol. 3. Renascence and Reformation. The Cambridge History of En
An Encyclopedia in Eighteen Volumes. 1907–21
Vol. 3. Renascence and Reformation. The Cambridge History of English and American Literature: An Encyclopedia in Eighteen Volumes. 190721
190721 american and cambridge eighteen encyclopedia english history literature reformation renascence the vol volumes
- A Dictionary of the English Bible and its Origins (Amazon Online Reader)
A Dictionary of the English Bible and its Origins Alec Gilmore
- Analytical-Literal Translation
the analytical-literal translation of the holy bible is available in a variety of hardcopy and digital formats.
amplified analytical bible expanded holy literal literalness modern new old online testament translation version versions
- Catalogue of Books Contained in the Library of the American Bible Society
Google Book Search
- Dedication in the Welsh Bible of 1588 by Bishop William Morgan
Dedication in the Welsh Bible of 1588 by Bishop William Morgan.(FROM THE LATIN.)
- Genoa Psalter - The First Bible Polyglot
Psalterium, Hebreum, Grecum, Arabicum, & Chaldeum : cum tribus Latinus interpretationibus & glossis. Genuæ: Petrus Paulus Porrus, 1516.
- In Discordance With the Scriptures
The story of the translation of the Bible in America begins with the King James Version. In the nineteenth century, however, as new editions of the Greek New Testament appeared, scholars increasingly recognized significant errors and inconsistencies in the KJV. This soon led to the Bible revision movement, whose goat was the uniting of all English-speaking Protestants behind one new, improved version of the Bible. Ironically, as Peter Thuesen shows in this fascinating history, the revision movement in fact resulted in a vast proliferation of English scripture editions.
- NETS: New English Translation of the Septuagint
1 - 20