- ¡Colorín Colorado! Carta a los padres de familia
Bienvenidos a ¡Colorín colorado! Esta sección bilingüe ha sido diseñado pensando en ustedes, con el fin de brindarles información útil para ayudar a sus hijos a convertirse en buenos lectores y en estudiantes exitosos
- Builidng Collaboration Between Schools and Parents of ELLs
Transcending barriers, creating Opportunities Robin Waterman, Ed.D. Beth Harry, Ph.D.University of Miami. This Practioner's Brief, was sponsored by the National Center for Culturally Responsive Education Systems (NCCREST)
- Colorin colorado
Information, activities and advice for Spanish-speaking parents and educators of English language learners
by 3 users
- ¡Colorín Colorado! Boletín para padres y familias
This is a newsletter in Spanish for parents.
- Colorín Colorado :: Lessons Learned from Immigrant Families
Lessons Learned from Immigrant Families By: Young-Chan Han (2010)The author shares several stories of immigrants adjusting to the school and culture with recommendations for schools.
- Engaging Families in Children's Mathematical Learning
Engaging Families in Children's Mathematical Learning: Classroom Visits with Latina Mothers by Marta Civil and Beatriz Quintos
- Involvement of Parents of Diverse Cultural and Linguistic Backgrounds
A summary of critical issues and promising practices in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- LAB at Brown: Teaching Diverse Learners -- Family and Community
The following information presents a basis for building family/teacher relationships by presenting facts and resources that educators of diverse learners need to know in order to promote communication between home and school.
- Motheread/Fatheread: A Family Literacy Program
Lydia Bassett, Program Officer for Humanities Washington explains how this program uses quality children's literature to help parents read effectively with their children, improve parenting and literacy skills, and increase family communication.
- Parents: Content Reading and Writing for students MS to HS
Do you have a child in middle school or high school who is having difficulty with reading and writing? Are these difficulties having an impact on performance? Do you want guidance for offering help at home? If so, welcome to Literacy Matters. There are three routes you can follow to get started.
- PBS Parents . Early Math . About the Site | PBS
Welcome to the PBS Parents Guide to Early Math, an online "math coach" for parents and caregivers looking for ways to nurture the development of their child's early math skills.
by 2 users
- Reading Is Fundamental: See the Spanish Version also
¡Leamos en familia!RIF provides free reading resources to families, children, and educators. These resources include activities, tips, articles, contests, interviews, and games. Recommended by Lucy G'Fellers
actual keyword list
- Reading Rockets : Parent tips
Articles from A-Z Parent Tips As a parent, you of course want the very best for your children! The articles provide you with tips on how to support your child's reading and language development.
- Teachers' Biggest Challenge: Not Being Able to Communicate with Students and Their Parents
By Dr. Suzanne Irujo, ELL Outlook™ Contributing Writer This is the fifth and last in a series of articles exploring classroom implications of some of the findings of a study done by Gándara, Maxwell-Jolly, & Driscoll (2005). These researchers interviewed teachers of English language learners (ELLs) in California and identified challenges they face. This article provides suggestions and links for communicating with parents.
- U.S.A. Learns FREE site for Adults
This is a free site to help Adults learn English. Spanish directions are available.
- Ways to Accommodate Parents of English Language Learners
Top 3 Ways to Accommodate Parents of English Language Learners
- The Midwest LINCS Family Literacy Special Collections
1 - 17